- The Pakistan Environmental Protection Agency found that 30% of the fruits and vegetables produced in Pakistan
are wasted in harvest and lack of supply chain etc.
- Drying is one of the oldest methods using solar energy where the products such as vegetables, fruits, fish, and
meat, etc. to be dried exposed directly to the sun. This method has many disadvantages such as spoilt products due
to rain, wind, dust, insect infestation, animal attack and fungi.
- To solve these problems, we designed a project of solar dehydrator.
- Solar dehydrator is a device which uses solar energy as heat from the sun coupled with the air directed by a blower
to the drying chamber to dry substances especially fruit and vegetable for preserving it for several years.
Design and manufacturing of solar dehydrator which save fruits and vegetables and preserve it.
Improvement of design and orientations of the collector to enable it to absorb maximum radiation from the sun during the day would lead to a better performance of the dryer by reducing drying time and increasing the efficiency of the dryer.
- Design, Manufacturing & Testing of Solar dehydrator .
- To achieve temperature i.e.(50/60 degree c) in less time.
- To construct a solar dryer using locally available materials.
- Reduce the cost of solar dehydrator.
- It will perform other duties like protection from rain and insects etc.